DVD making clicking noise

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
LindaJust
DVD making clicking noise

My DVD player started making a clicking noise and a half hour later the DVD I was playing picture got distorted. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Larry Dillon
This is a hard call my friend

This is a hard call my friend.   Ok the clicking noise could be comming from the spindle motor, the laser slider drive, or the laser assy its self.  Sometimes the unit will start to stick on the rail and the gears on the slider assy. will start to click, trying to advnce it so you will get a distorted opicture or a freezing picture intermittanly.  Anyone of these problems are not a user repairable item as your going to need to look at the RF wavwform from the laser amp. and this will tell you if its the laser assy or not.  Most of the time, these days, it also is not worth it to have a repair shop look at something as its more to diagnoise a unit, then it is to replace it. Sorry to say we have become a throw away society.  Go and read this article   http://www.techlore.com/article/10602/  Maybe it will lead you in the right direction.  Good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

dandar711
Thanks for the reply. I read

Thanks for the reply. I read the article on the link and also an article on diagnosing DVD/VCR units and I think it's time to replace.

Connect With Techlore