Big Screen TV turns on the right back off!!!!

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
DJ21
Big Screen TV turns on the right back off!!!!

My parents recently got a 1080p 65 inch hdtv and given me their OLD(7-8 yrs) 56 inch panasonic tv.  I was watching it(56 inch) in my room a couple days ago and it just shut off.  It shows a red light next to the main power button when it's on standby and green when it's on.  Well after it shut off it when to standby so I tried to turn it back on, it would make the sound like when you turn a tv on then in like two seconds shut right back off.  I unplugged then replugged it back in the outlet and tried to power it up again and got the same results.  So I was hoping someone can tell me what's wrong with my tv and is it worth repairing or should I get a new tv? Thanks

JerradsDad
Sounds like the convergence

Sounds like the convergence correction circuit or the vertical sweep circuit has failed causing the set to shutdown to protect the picture tubes, But without the model number it would be difficult to get much more specific.

mt2006
I've had the exact same

I've had the exact same problem with my Sony and I too am searching for an answer as to whether it's worth repairing or not.  The model number is: Sony KP-46V25.  Can you give me any advice?  Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Model numbers please an the

Model numbers please an the troubles your having, We are not fortune tellers!

greentp99
I have a panasonic PT-56HX41

I have a panasonic PT-56HX41 and I'm having the same problem described above. The TV was recently given to me and now went out also so i'm wondering how much it would cost to repair and whether it is worth it or not. Thanks.

zapdbf
One thing i would like to

One thing i would like to mention here, that a tv shutting down can be mannnny different things, there is no one magic bullet that will fix all three of these different televisions. I might suggest that each one of you start your own conversation so the fix information can be kept separate and easy to understand. conversation. Larry and I and other people here, i am sure, will be glad to help you. but organized will be better.

Denby
I have an older model sony

I have an older model sony big screen tv model#kp-46s25 that comes on and goes right back off again.  Any ideas on what may be wrong with it? 

icksalot
i have a mitsubishi hd1080(7

i have a mitsubishi hd1080(7 years old) 46 inch and it turns off 2 seconds after i turn it on.please help.

Don Sharp
How do You remove a cobweb

How do You remove a cobweb from behind a Sony big screen TV?

Larry Dillon
find out what the model

find out what the model number is then look in the technicians corner under the resources tab and see if that model is listed, if not listed let me know doen look at the manual on how to take apart the front screen assembly GOOD LUCK

John1094
I have a Toshiba model

I have a Toshiba model TP5581A mfg. date 08-1991 that goes off as soon as you turn it on. Then you have unplug it and plug it in several times to get it to stay on.

Larry Dillon
could be convergence IC'S

could be convergence IC'S Does the picture ever stay on lone lon lone LONG ENOUGH TO SEE WHAT THE PICTURE looks like??

stramer
i have a philips big screen

i have a philips big screen tv and i turn it on and it shuts right back off. and i think it is the convergence correction circuit and i am wondering if it is worth fixing... please awnser me back

Mitsubishi
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS-55511. I press power you can hear it go on, then after 2 sec a relay click then it turns off. Can you give me any insight on the problem and a fix.

Cheeze33
I have the same issue as

I have the same issue as John1094 with my TP5581A. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cheeze33
I have the Same issue with my

I have the Same issue with my TP5581A as John1094. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ronald s
I am having the same problems

I am having the same problems with my parents TV. After many reboots it is staying on, but the picture is doubled at the top and at the bottom. Please HELP!!!!
Model# PT-56HX41E
Chassis# AP820
Manufactured in June 2001

philips magnavox tv.
When I turn my tv on it turns

When I turn my tv on it turns off by itself in a few seconds.When I turn it on the only thing that I see is lines from top to bottom and no sound.What do you think?

Roland
The same exact thing happened

The same exact thing happened to my television a few weeks ago. I ordered new home theater systems for the bedrooms in my home. I purchased them from http://www.thebigscreenstore.com and the prices were perfect.

chevygirl
Hey...anyone know about this

Hey...anyone know about this problem and how to fix it? Mine just went out also!

Christin
We have a Philips 50" and as

We have a Philips 50" and as soon as we turn it on, it will come on for a few minutes then the screen will go black. The sound will continue to play but there will appear two red lights that look like a key and a light bulb on the power button that will come on. Any ideas?

GBics
Mitsubishi HD1080 big screen.

Mitsubishi HD1080 big screen. All of a sudden the set will turn off. Push the power button and the green light comes on but goes off in a second and keeps happening like this unless you leave it alone for about 5 min. Then it comes back on ok. Any ideas???

Connect With Techlore