Panasonic DMR-ES10. NO READ MESSAGE.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
TP
Panasonic DMR-ES10. NO READ MESSAGE.

Can someone advise me please. I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10, purchaced on Ebay, so no guarantee. It has developed a problem where it will not recognise any disk, be it recordable or pre recorded. The message is No Read. I have used a lens cleaner, turned off the power hoping to reboot and solve the problem and re-tuned but nothing worked. Have I bought a duff machine? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TP

Larry Dillon
I am sorry to inform you my

I am sorry to inform you my friend, theres not a lot a user can do to a DVD/CD player/recorder, if they try to clean it and that does not work.  The problem could be a simple alighnment or adjustment, as this would take still hooking up the unit to special test equipment that a consumer would not have.  If you want to invest isto an estamate to find out for sure, well then its  ok to wonder.   Most of the time though an estamate for a unit like this can run about 50 bucks and a repair can run about another 50.  Thats 50 % of the value of a used piece of equipment and it does not pay at this point. Good Luck, and please let us and the readers know what you decided and how you made out.

TP
Hello Larry

Hello Larry

Thanks for your advice. As you say, it's probably not worth the expence of getting it fixed, so I'll dump it & buy a new one, although I think I'll go for a better model. As they say, "once bitten twice shy".

Thanks again for your help.

TP

Connect With Techlore