Zenith Projo RB50M88W in protect mode

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnnyboy101
Zenith Projo RB50M88W in protect mode

I recently have been attempting to fix a Zenith Projo Model #RB50M88W chassis 2P88 with a blue ghosting convergence problem.  The setup menu could not get the blue vertical shadow to align with the others.  The horizontal was fine. I corrected this problem with replacing IK04, IK05 (STK392-110 IC's) and RK50 resistor, which was open.  The color hues were off after this fix, so adjustments using the menu and a couple of adjustments on the convergence board.  After an hour of running and adjusting the unit shut off and the red LED on the power board came on, this happened at the same time the green LED, (B+) went off.  I found the HOT shorted  and opened R732, and R733.  I also found E994 with 2000 marked on the side of it.  I do not have a schematic to ID it.  Can anyone inform me what value this IC protect is, and any other info would be helpful if similar problems have happened.  What, if anything, might need to be checked. thanks

in protect mode

JerradsDad
E994 is a 2 amp device....the

E994 is a 2 amp device....the "2000" is the milliamp rating. Check the small Capacitor on the collector of the HOT, it may be burned. The flyback may have also failed. This set is really a Hitachi with Zeniths name on it.

Johnnyboy101
Thanks for this information.

Thanks for this information. It really comes in handy. Thanks again.

josh922007
i have a zenith model

i have a zenith model #RB50M88W that has lines through the entire screen.They seem to go away a little when the tv warms up.Please give me some advise

JerradsDad
I need a lot more description

I need a lot more description of the lines you are asking about. Are they black or is there color to them? What direction are the lines?

Bo$$
The Red Protect Light Is On

The Red Protect Light Is On And The Green 9v Light Is Off It Power Then Shuts Down Immediately Plz Help

Connect With Techlore