Motorola v3i: daa cable transfer problems

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
sing_the_sorrow
Motorola v3i: daa cable transfer problems

My boyfriend has recently invested in the new motorola v3i and is a UK resident. On buying his phone he has tried to download music from the PC onto his phone. However, when he tries to do so a message appears telling him that the computer was unable to connect to the phone. Does anyone know why? The music was in mp3 format which is compatible and  not wma. Thanks in advance :)

Matt Whitlock
Do you how how your boyfriend

Do you how how your boyfriend is connecting the phone to his PC? Is it through a data cable, or bluetooth?

Also, do you have any details about the MP3 file in particular? I know that the V3 is a bit memory constrained, so I've had much better luck moving MP3 files when they're in a smaller, highly compressed state to keep the file size down. If you have the ability and know how to re-encode the audio, I'd typically go for 32 - 64kbps mono.

Gazzman
If your using a data cable. 

If your using a data cable. 

see page 31 of instruction manual for solutions. On phone you need to have : settings>connectivity>USB settings>default connection>memory card.

your better off not using the Motorola software and don't have the phone connected when you boot your computer.

If you have Windows xP SP2 the phones memory card should show as a USB drive. Just drag and drop files to the Audio folder on the memory card.

If you use the Media Player on the phone under Games and Apps it recognises folders that have transferred .

I have a 1 GB card in my V3i and it appears to work fine. A memory card is really needed if you want any decent amount of music on your phone. I have all my Mp3s in CD quality stereo to play back through my car system via a 1/8" headphone jack. It works fine.

Cool

Connect With Techlore