dtl
jumping channels

my tv has startedjumping channels by itself i have a freeview box fitted to it

i think it is when it is on freeeview that it jumps

can anyone help

dtl

Larry Dillon
When you say jumping channels

When you say jumping channels, what is jumping?  Is it changing channels all by its self without you touching the remote?  or is it skipping over certain channels?  Please define what you mean jumping channels.

dtl
it is changing channels all

it is changing channels all by itself, i am not touching anything. i noticed it also turns itself off as well the red indicator light comes on

Larry Dillon
Is it changing channels on

Is it changing channels on the TV set or the freeview box. If its the TV what type make and or model?

dtl
freeview box only i think,

freeview box only i think, might have somethinmg to do with av channel ?

Larry Dillon
Have you tryed to take the

Have you tryed to take the batteries out of the remote yet?. Also try unplugging the box for 12 to 24 hours

dtl
never tried that ,but i will

never tried that ,but i will

tx

Larry Dillon
Do you own this Box or is it

Do you own this Box or is it a lease deal? If you own it, I guess its time to throw in thew towel and buy a new onwe as these are not worth the repair bill unless its nothing more then a stuck buttonm on the front of it. If its a lease deal, callt he company, say your having a problem, and the service provider will exchange the reciver for you.

cornball
My TV remote suddenly ceased

My TV remote suddenly ceased to change channels. It otherwise continues to function normally (on/off, mute, etc.). It's a SONY Trinitron 2000. The TV image continues fine, and it is possible to select among "favorites" in a panel on the front.

Battery change made no difference.

Have I inadvertently switched off this basic function? Or do I need a new remote? or is there a problem with the TV?

Larry Dillon
Is this the original remote,

Is this the original remote, or a replacement, or a universal remote?

cornball
Thanks for responding, Larry.

Thanks for responding, Larry. Sorry about the delay, I didn't detect your post.

The remote appears to be the original.  My son gave me the set after using it several years. I t has all kinds of buttons e.g. VTR/DVD, picture mode, MTS/SAP, code set.

At bottom says RM-Y168. Sony TV.

Larry Dillon
An original replacement so

An original replacement so you can use all of those fine features on the TV set is available HERE.  Good Luck

cornball
Thanks Larry.  I found an

Thanks Larry.  I found an unexpected, trail-and-error solution that I want to share. Elementary, I'm sure, but I didn't know it:

Hit the menu button and switched from "Advanced Menu" to "Basic Menu". Full channel selection was restored, and the number keys on my remote work like new!

Connect With Techlore