Panasonic VCR problem.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Creaky
Panasonic VCR problem.

Yes -- I'm still use a VCR!! It's a Panasonic HV60EB, bought new in 2004, and it's driving me crazy!

When I program it (which I do by using Videoplus), I never know if the recording will happen or not! I always check that the details are correct, yet sometimes I have a successful recording and sometimes not.

Does anyone know what causes this? Any advice please?

Jeanne.

Larry Dillon
The only advice we can give

The only advice we can give you on this would be to make sure the details were all in order for the recorder. Such as its somtimes is an error in programming when a VCR or DVD recorder does not record properly. The biggest error is in the AM and PM input. Another problem is that the programmer forgets to put the VCR into timer mode. Or somtimes the microprocessor gets a hick-up and just does not start when it is suppose to. If this continues to happen for you, and since it would not be a wise thing to have your unit looked at by a tech, get another VCR as maybe, just maybe, there is an intermittant record problem in the VCR itself. I have seen these types of faults many many times in the past when we would repair hundreds of VCRs every week. We have seen intermittant record prevention switches, Intermittamt tape drive systems such as slipping belts or clutches ECT ECT. Like I said if it continues to happen and you know for sure you programmed every detail to the "T", Its time for a new unit. Please let us and the readers know what you did to correct this problem Good Luck

Creaky
Thanks for that Larry. I've

Thanks for that Larry. I've been rummaging through the docs. for when I bought it, and I see I've a couple of years insurance left on it, so for starters I'll drop it in their lap and see what happens. Of course, it won't show any fault once they get it -- par for the course!

If there's no joy with that, then I'll get a DVD R/W and transfer my tapes to that.

Jeanne.

Larry Dillon
If you have a service

If you have a service contract on this machine, then, by all means TAKE full advantage of it. Thew service peeps may even say its not worth their time and exchange it for another, if You insite and keep insiting it does not always keep the timer recordings. BE persistant! Do not give into the servicer. Insist your right all the time BUT alway remember the golden rule!!!!!! NE NICE! If your not and give them a hard time, They are incontrol of nwhat you want corrected! Simply be good to them and most of the time they as well will be good to you.

Pinkcoke
This is my first time here on

This is my first time here on Techlore and after posting a question about my panasonic vcr, I've just noticed this article. Our model - NV-HD675B also has the same problem, of choosing when it wants to record from video+ or not...however ours is a very cheap model that did not have a warranty and thus I don't think we'll be asking anyone to repair it.

Creaky
'This is my first time here
'This is my first time here on Techlore and after posting a question about my panasonic vcr, I've just noticed this article. Our model - NV-HD675B also has the same problem, of choosing when it wants to record from video+ or not...however ours is a very cheap model that did not have a warranty and thus I don't think we'll be asking anyone to repair it. '
After Larry's very helpful advice, I don't blame you. I shall be following his instructions to the letter, with some man-power backup (a tactful man of course!), and see if I can get a result. At the moment it's behaving itself, so maybe the vibes of this forum have reached it and it'll behave itself in future!
Jeanne.
Larry Dillon
LOL I hopre the beast minds

LOL I hopre the beast minds itself on the threat that the beast will son enough be in the hands of the beast handler.!

Pinkcoke
oops, I just found out that

oops, I just found out that our VCR actually cost my folks in excess of £350!!!! and it did have a warranty once....but I'm sure its not valid after six years grrr and I wanted to video Lord of the Rings last night :(

Creaky
It's comforting to know I'm

It's comforting to know I'm not the only person who still uses a video!

Jeanne.

Larry Dillon
Lots of folks still do. 

Lots of folks still do.  Thats one reason they still make VCRs or VCR/DVD combos

Connect With Techlore