Sony Handycam 205E - DVD burning

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bella
Sony Handycam 205E - DVD burning

I have just bought a Sony Handycam and have some questions. For background, I use Windows XP and it came with Nero 6 software. My PC only has one CD/DVD drive.

I have not yet finalised my first mini DVD. Does it have to be finalised before the PC will recognise that it has content on it? At the moment the PC seems to think it is a blank disk.

How do I copy the content of the mini DVD onto my hard drive so that I can then remove the mini DVD, insert a regular one for backup, and then burn the regular DVD? My plan is to re-use the mini DVD RW's much as one would use a camera memory card, but in that case I need to have a way of backing them up. Copying them straight from one DVD to another is an option offered by Nero, but as I don't have 2 DVD drives I don't think I can.

You can probably guess that I am a total novice with this!

Matt Whitlock
You will probably need to

You will probably need to finalize the DVD in your Handycam before the computer will recognize it. You'll find an option to do so in the menu of the camcorder.

If you want to copy your DVD, you can use the copy disc option in Nero to make this happen. Two drives are not required. If you only have one drive, it will create an image of the disc on the hard drive, then prompt you to insert a blank DVD for burning.

Connect With Techlore