Sony KP43T75 (green washout)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
miko
Sony KP43T75 (green washout)

I have a Sony KP43T75 rear projection tv about 5 years old.

Recently a green halo appeared around images, mostly on bright ones. I tried auto convergence but that did not help. Any thoughts?

Larry Dillon
Is the picture have a green

Is the picture have a green haze all over the picture, or is it just the outlines that are like in 3-D?  If it is the 3-D effect, try the auto flash focus feature on page 19 of your owners manual.  if you do not have the owners manual, you can get one HERE.  If is a problem with the entire screen being a green color, I will look up the TV set and see about it.  Good Luck and please get back to us about your TV set.

Larry Dillon
Is your chassis number of

Is your chassis number of this set start with SCC-P19?

miko
Green is like 3-d. I have

Green is like 3-d. I have tried the flash focus several times, no difference

Larry Dillon
Ok then the convergence IC's

Ok then the convergence IC's need to be replaced in this set.  One is for the red horizontal and red vertical also inside that same IC is a single channel for the green horizontal, and the other IC has two channels for the blue vertical and horizontal, and one for the green.  The green needs very little alighnment because that is the center tube and focuses in a straight line, but the red and the blue tubes are on the sides of the green tube and needs alot of correction.  If you have had any type of electronic serviceing on solid state electronics, then you should have no trouble in getting a service manual  and replacing the iC's and then preform a convergence alighnment to tweek up the set.  If you have had no repair or solid state repair serviceing experience, then my advice would be to call in an authorized Sony repair drpot to assist you in this repair.  good Luck, and please inform us on what you mdid to fix your set. 

fro
Hello,

Hello,

We are having the same problem. My husband is pretty mechanical but what are IC's?? And what kind of a store can we buy them from? Thanks for your help.

Larry Dillon
IC is am accronym for

IC is am accronym for integrated circuit and integratd circuit is Another name for a chip, an integrated circuit (IC) is a small electronic device made out of a semiconductor material. The first integrated circuit was developed in the 1950s by Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments and Robert Noyce of Fairchild Semiconductor.
Integrated circuits are used for a variety of devices, including microprocessors, audio and video equipment, and automobiles. Integrated circuits are often classified by the number of transistors and other electronic components they contain:

SSI (small-scale integration): Up to 100 electronic components per chip
MSI (medium-scale integration): From 100 to 3,000 electronic components per chip
LSI (large-scale integration): From 3,000 to 100,000 electronic components per chip
VLSI (very large-scale integration): From 100,000 to 1,000,000 electronic components per chip
ULSI (ultra large-scale integration): More than 1 million electronic components per chip hese IC's in this et are soldered onto a printd circuit board and you will ned to have the riht soldering tools and the skill to use them. If you have no printed ciruit board experience, ply it safe and call in a pro to asist you with this repair.

fro
Hello

Hello

Thank you so much. Do you know which IC I would need to changed in order to get the color back to normal.

Thanks again!

Larry Dillon
Does your set have a 3-D look

Does your set have a 3-D look to the picture?

fro
Yes it does have a #D look

Yes it does have a #D look now. Lots of red aswell

Larry Dillon
http://www.techlore.com

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/
http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony... You can also get the service manual for FREE! as a download from techlores technician's corner, simply go to the home page, click on the resources tab, then click on the technician's corner box, then click on the veiew list link and then scroll down till you get to yor model number, then click on download. Good Luck.

Connect With Techlore