How do I get this to work.....any suggestions?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
snickerflix
How do I get this to work.....any suggestions?

I bought a Sanyo model #DS27800 a couple of years ago.  It works fine.  For the last year its been hooked to an Emerson DVD/VCR player.  It worked fine until the DVD player went out.  We bought a Cyberhome DVD player, suddenly the DVD video fades very dark.....stays.....fades to a clear picture and goes back, like a loop.  Thought it was the DVD player so we bought a RCA DVD player.  Same thing.  We're running the DVD players through the DVD/VCR player because we can't find a L1 channel on anything else and can't get there from the tv or any remotes, just through the DVD/VCR player.  When we play a VCR tape the tv is fine.  Same with watching tv, everything is fine.  Its only on MOST DVD's some won't do it, but there's no discerning which DVD will do this, old movies, new movies, so it can't be the copyright lock (or whatever).  We've tried the different cables from the three pronged red, yellow and white to an "s" cable.  Neither DVD players have a coaxel inlet or outlet.  So we're reduced to squinting through the darkest moments (lol, even during comedies).

Please help us, this is soooooooo frustrating.

Larry Dillon
I know exactly what your

I know exactly what your problem is.  Ready??  LOL  Its called macro-vision.  Its a copy guard thats used on alot of Videos these days and only goes into effect when you input a player through another player or recorder.  Its so you cant copy movies. Your going to need to get a input adapter if you dont have enough to plug into your TV set so each unit will work independantly of each other. or they do seel devices online for home use only, but I think its illeagal?? Im not really sure any more with all the new electronic laws going on these days. But I found this online but I do not condone  copy right theif. http://www.firebird-systems.com/graphics/videographer/videographer.shtml  Good luck and let us know how you made out.

snickerflix
Ok, I'll try to find an

Ok, I'll try to find an adapter.....don't want to go the illegal route, but thanks.  I don't think it'll work, though, because we still can't get the DVD player to play through the tv without the DVD/VCR because of the channel L1 problem.  How can we get that to work?

Larry Dillon
Im sorry i dont understand

Im sorry i dont understand what you mean by L1 ?  Are you talking about the video input?  Thats sometimes called L1 thats for line 1 input.  Is the VCR hooked through the coax or antenna input?  is there a yellow, red and white jack on your TV set.  Im going to get back to you i after I find this sets owners manual.  Do you have it?

snickerflix
The DVD/VCR player has the

The DVD/VCR player has the capability to go to channel L1 not the tv.  All of the DVD/VCR/Antenna stuff are connected with the three color wire (red, yellow and white).  If I connect the DVD player directly to the tv it won't play on any channel, my kids (who know more than me about electronics) say its because the tv can't go to L1 by itself...it needs the DVD/VCR player to do that.

Matt Whitlock
Hi snickerflix, 

Hi snickerflix, 

Did you see the Ask The Experts: question regarding this? It's located here: http://www.techlore.com/article/10421/

Basically, my remedy is to purchase a device called a "RF Modulator". This will allow you to plug the DVD player into the television's antenna/cable coaxial input, and you'll be able to view your DVDs without tripping the Macrovision copy protection (no more fading in and out). Once properly connected, you'll tune your TV to channel 3 or 4 to watch your DVDs. 

RF Modulators are not expensive, ranging between 10 and 30 dollars. You can find a wide variety of Modulators at Amazon.

Don't forget to check back and share your technology experiences with others in the TechLore Community. Good luck! 

Connect With Techlore