Need help uploading pics

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ajsands
Need help uploading pics

OK, excuse me in advance. I'm not a techie, and if I were I probably wouldn't be asking this question. But please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding terms nevertheless.

I have an SD-M512 memory card from my camera. I also have a 9 in 1 Card Reader, Model #CR-V10-U29G. Everything works fine at home. At work is a different story. I plug the card reader into one of the several USB ports on my work computer, but it's not recognized. I've tried all the ports. When I put the memory card in, the little thing lights up, so I know it's connected to something. And as I say, it works fine at home. My computer has Windows XP Professional.

What I'm thinking is that I'm lacking a program or something that will recognize the reader and allow me to upload the pics. Can someone please tell me what program I need, and where I can get it (preferably free)? Thanks in advance from a clueless newbie.

Larry Dillon
If the work computer does not

If the work computer does not see the SD card, then most likly the reader on that computer was never installed or was configured for that computer.  Go into your control panel, click on add new hardware, and let the puter do its own search of new hardware.  It will come up as, is the hardware already installed?  Click on the yes button.  If it does not see a port input adaptor or mention anything about any new hardware, then you will need a software install disc to make it work or the reader was not hooked up inside the computer.  Windows should see it, and will ask you if you want to install the device.  You click yes and let it do its thing.  You will then have to restart your computer.  You should be good after that.  Please let us know if this works for you.  Good Luck

Connect With Techlore