Canon MV750i power problem

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tigs
Canon MV750i power problem

My Canon MV750i dv camcorder just will not power up using the battery or power adapter. This happens in both the camera and play mode. The power adapter output voltage seems OK.

The camera has not had much use (4-5 tapes) and the problem came to light suddenly from cold mode when I first received just a white display in play mode and no picture in camera mode. Now there is no display what so ever.

If any one has experienced a similar problem or knows any thing about it, your assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tigs

Larry Dillon
I wil repeat what I did for

I wil repeat what I did for another canon user.  Generally, when a small camcorder stops working, there is a problem with the power supply or the mechanism is jamed due to a breakage of a part or gear, and the mode switch sends a signal to the microprocessor that there is a problem with the mechanism, as the mode switch is how the micro knows where the camcorder mechaism is at all times.  It could be a simple rail or gear breakage, BUT these are not repairs for the consumer.  These are repairs for the trained tech, experienced in camcorder repair.. You may have the know how to take one apart, but you are going to need special extenstion cable kits, designed to help a tech make the camcorder a disassembled working camcorder, as the camcorder uses tons of thin jumper flex cables that need to be take out during disassembley, so to work on on while diassembled, you need to install service cables.  This kit of cables is differant with every camcorder and can cost up to 200 bucks per kit.  My advice would be to send it directly back to canon, after you speak to them on the phone, as the number will be in the user manual and they may still have a flat rate to repair, as they did several years ago when I was an authorized canon camcorder repair center.. Or send to one of the addys Im leaving you here , and I have first hand knowledge that all these companys will treat you fair, as I have sent my friends and relitives to them.  Good luck and let us know how you made out please. 

Ethan
Thanks Larry

Thanks Larry

I personally suspect that the switch contacts have gone faulty. I do intend to speak to Canon UK on Monday. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Again. 

mhelmi
hello, i have a problem with

hello, i have a problem with my canon mv750i, i tried to run it after along time of keeping it shut off, but i found out that both pop out eye and viewfinder show black, it doesn't give the sight to which the cam is pointing, i see the text of the date and time,and the menus when i open it, but with no pic.
the playback is working but with distorted view.

could you tell me please what this problem might be??

Ethan
Hello Mhelmi

Hello Mhelmi

I had the same problem, which I managed to get fixed.
You will need to email Canon UK customer services/technical support (see their web site)about it and inform them that you suspect it to be the CCD chip. I only found out about a known problem with the Canon CCD chip by checking out various forums and blogs on the net.
Fortunately Canon emailed me an address to send the camera to be looked at. They fixed they fault at no cost to me. My camera still works fine.
Good Luck.

mhelmi
thank you tigs, i hope that

thank you tigs, i hope that the solution to my camera problem could be as easy as yours.
thanks

crystalman
hi my camera will not fire up

hi my camera will not fire up with the battery but when i connect the charger I can open the vcr mode and play tape and view still pictures I have two battery's and they are showing 9 volts i have cleaned the connections on the battery and the camera but no joy any thoughts on what may be the cause thanks Jesse

Larry Dillon
the battery fuse is probably

the battery fuse is probably blown inside the camera. There is a separate battery fuse as the camera knows when the unit is on the AC adaptor or the battery by a slider switch and that can also be bad.
Larry D

crystalman
hi Larry and tanks how hard

hi Larry and tanks how hard is it to replace andd do you know where it is cheers from Jesse

Larry Dillon
no I do not now after looking

no I do not now after looking at the simplified service manual it looks like it is on one of the boards in the camera, I think it is a surface mounted type circuit protector. leave an e-mail address and I guess I could share with you this expensive manual, maybe it will help maybe it wont
Larry Dillon Good Luck

crystalman
[email protected] thank

[email protected] thank you from Jesse

Connect With Techlore