CnMemory USB MP3 help

1 post / 0 new
nylorac
CnMemory USB MP3 help

Hi, I bought a USB MP3 player recently from eBuyer.co.uk, it can normally play MP3 files and can double up as a USB memory stick with 512Mb memory total. It was working fine as a memory stick, but a few days ago it started to play up. When I put a battery in, it won't start up and the word "CnMemory" will flash on the panel forever. When I removed the battery and put it into the PC, then clicked on it to access it, the error was "E:\  is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." but during which the memory stick shows "READY v2.600" on the panel, just that pushing any button did not generate any response.

I tried to view it under "Properties" but it shows 0Mb. Tools for Scanning error could not start and I was unable to format it using Window's format function. 

The stick itself is eBuyer's own brand (Extra Value series), the user manual that came with it says, "CnMemory USER MANUAL V3.4.2" and the size is 512Mb.  Please help!  It is unbelievable that this device decides to play up only a week into my using it. I put a few files in it and I am getting ready for the worst...

Many thanks for any contributions!

Connect With Techlore