Motorola v3 problem.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
GTC
Motorola v3 problem.

I am a U K resident, and the owner of a Motorola Razr V3 & V3i.
I recently loaned my V3 model to a friend, who on the assumption that this phone was capable of MP3, decided to download a 3 minite long  MP3 track and installed it as a ringtone !
Now, when I switch on the phone, it just freezes, and there is no response from any key on the keypad.
On using the "Motorola Phone Tools" that were supplied with the phone, I attempted to delete the offending MP3 track, which seems to have overloaded the phones memory, but I am unable to delete this track, as each time I try, I receive the error message "( unauthorised 0x41 )".
Bearing in mind that the phone does not respond, is there any way that I can remove the MP3 Ringtone or reset the phone to the original default settings ?
I would be very grateful for any assistance that anyone can give me on this matter.
GTC

Gazzman
If you have a data able boot

If you have a data able boot up your computer than attach your phone.

Go to My Comuter in Windows XP SP2 and your phone should appear as a USB Drive (if you have your phone set correctly, see pg 31 of instruction book!)

Phone will appear with folders. Find offending file and delete it.

Gazzman
If you have a data able boot

If you have a data able boot up your computer than attach your phone.

Go to My Comuter in Windows XP SP2 and your phone should appear as a USB Drive (if you have your phone set correctly, see pg 31 of instruction book!)

Phone will appear with folders. Find offending file and delete it.

Connect With Techlore