Yamada DVR 8000 only sound no vision

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
god
Yamada DVR 8000 only sound no vision

Hello to all! newbie here asking a typical newbie question, but have checked forums/google/other search engines etc for a hopefully honest answer!

ok, here goes,  as the subject header states, i have a Yamada DVR 8000,m had itapprox 2 yrs, and has been working well, that was until our 2yr old daughter found the on/off...open/eject buttons....you know how it is!

The problem is, when i play a DVD, the sound comes ok, but i have no vision!! At which point my lil girl starts to get a tad upset!. I have checked the scart lead/cables, swapped them round, i even looked into the DVD player, to check the scart lead solders are all present....and they are.....

Does anybody have a solution,diagnostic or know of a similiar problem/fix

Many regards

and thanx 4 reading this

Larry Dillon
god,  you did just about

god,  you did just about everything i would have recommended.  A couple of more steps will make sure you do not throw out a player and buy a new one, as these things, most of the time, are not worth the bench charge to have them checked out by a servicer.  First off, try to connect the video input on the tv to another input and also try another TV set completely.  If still no video, then its time for a shopping trip.  Let us knoe please how you made out and Good Luck

god
thanx 4 the reply Larry, and

thanx 4 the reply Larry, and between your reply and searching the Yamada firmware updates...of which i did not use...the player is now working!! it appears that the dvd player likes to have a preferance over any other addition to the home system, ie in our case the ntl cable box, all i did i switch the box's around so to speak, so that the Yamada had the first point from the TV scart, then the NTL. I also pressed the IP button on the remote control, because apparently euro tv's  work diff to American tv's  PAL and NTSC i think.

The DVD player has been sat on its own not working for ages, i had a few hours this morning to crack the problem so to speak, and thanks to your reply and luck, its worked, many thanks and regards

God!Innocent

Connect With Techlore