Help! My RCA Small Wonder Camcorder (Model #EZ101)won't clear it's memory

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Clucka
Help! My RCA Small Wonder Camcorder (Model #EZ101)won't clear it's memory

Hi! I have an RCA Small Wonder digital camcorder, model number EZ101. I have owned it for a month. My problem is, the memory fills up and will NOT clear itself after I delete a video clip I made. I shoot something, then upload it onto youtube or my hard drive, then I safely remove it from the USB port, and delete the camera's memory as it only holds up to 30 minutes, so I like to keep the memory chip empty after I upload what I have shot. The damn thing will not empty it's memory. It's weird, it shows the file as empty, but each time I used it, the available recording time gets shorter and shorter. I have tried installing at least 10 pairs of brand new alkaline batteries(it takes 2 double AA) and that doesn't fix it either. Currently, the memory says "EMPTY" yet if i try and shoot a video the display says "Camera full." This makes no sense. I exhanged the camera 3 times, and each new camera I got for exchange does the exact same thing. RCA's telephone and e-mail support offers no help either, saying "I don't know." I even went to the RCA website and downloaded the "Restore to factory specs" for my camcorder's download on the site and it doesn't fix it either. Can somebody please help me? I don't understand why, if all videos have been deleted from the camera's memory, the display still shows the camcorder memory as full!! If I hit the PLAY button, the display says "Camcorder empty." If I try and shoot/videotape something the display says "Camcorder full." I would appreciate any help you could give me to get my camcorder working properly again. Feel free to send me an e-mail message directly to my account if you prefer. HELP! PLEASE!!! John

Larry Dillon
Clucka,  If its only a month

Clucka,  If its only a month old do your self a favor and take it back to where you bought it and get it exchanged or have them tell you where to take it to be serviced, or maybe < and i mean NO disrespect at all, Maybe its a user error issue?  so the store or seller can give you some help with this.  let us kinow how you made out and Good Luck  Smile

Clucka
It was a gift, and have

It was a gift, and have returned it 3 times and each unit does the same thing

Larry Dillon
Call the manufacturer in the

Call the manufacturer in the owners manual and see if they can assit you, as I havent had any problems clearing any memorys in a camcorder.

Larry Dillon
Call the manufacturer in the

Call the manufacturer in the owners manual and see if they can assit you, as I havent had any problems clearing any memorys in a camcorder.

Connect With Techlore