Techwood STR84 stereo receiver

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
ark273
Techwood STR84 stereo receiver

I have an older Techwood stereo system, one day while listening to it, the stereo just shut down.  Now when the receiver, a Techwood STR84, is turned on, the screen displays "Welcome" and then "Protect", not allowing any function.  I've tried unplugging it completely, waiting for over 30 minutes... That didn't help.  I've used the 'Reset' button on the back panel... That didn't help either.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do to correct this, so that I can use this receiver!  I'm trying to avoid the costly repair shop!!!  Maybe offer me a suggestion or a useful link, I would greatly appreciate your help! 

Larry Dillon
ark273, Im sorry to be the

ark273, Im sorry to be the one to inform you, that if the units display says protect, then there is a short circuit in the output stage of the unit, or the speaker wires are pinched, or the speakers are bad.  Try first to disconnect the speakers and then plug the unit in. If the unit then stops displaying the protect message then turn the unit off and connect up the next  speaker, one at a time.   Do this till the unit goes into protect.  if it does not go out of protect, then im sorry to say that the system has a major output short and may not be worth repairing.  Let us know how you made out. And Good Luck

Rickie Scott
hi i need a remotecontroll

hi i need a remotecontroll for my system and i need to find out how much do the hon and mid range speaker cost plz e-mail me back with he price ok ty

Rickie Scott
help my remote controll is

help my remote controll is lost plz can you tell me if you'll have one and i also needs an hon and mid range speaker for my speaker plz help me or tell me where can i fine them from ok ty so much

cch721
I have a full system for sale

I have a full system for sale with a cabinet 2 lg speakers and a remote. If anyone is interested and can have it picked up. I have pics if interested.

Larry Dillon
where is this system located

where is this system located?? how much are you looking to get??
Larry D.

cch721
It is in Flagstaff AZ. I have

It is in Flagstaff AZ. I have gone way down on the price. I am asking $325.00 But you can make me a reasonable offer. It is in a very nice Cabinet with 2 storage doors. Speakers in the cabinet plus the 2 lg speakers. Nice glass door. I could send you a pic if you are interested.
Thanks

Larry Dillon
no thank you but you should

no thank you but you should try crags list

cch721
Thank you anyway. I'm already

Thank you anyway. I'm already on Craigslist.

lorri
i have atechwood 260 whatt

i have atechwood 260 whatt stereo reciever str 84 my problem is i lost the remote 3 years ago and the little green standby light is on and so i cant hear my music i believe thats why. what can i do to get the standby light off ????? i would apreciate your suggestions.

benitor10
Hi..I have an STR84 stereo
Hi..I have an STR84 stereo reciever with a bad power button.  I took it to an electronics shop and the tech told me the button was sticking.  He applied some kind of lubricant on the button and it worked for a few days and got stuck again.  The tech told me the reciever needed a new button and since techwood brand was no longer available in our area.  Is there somewhere I can purchase the part or anything else I can do?

Connect With Techlore