glossary of technical jargon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mikethekey
glossary of technical jargon

Does anyone know where I can get a comprehensive glossary of technical terms, e.g ATSC/QAM, etc.

When I am comparing for purchasing or setting up, new electronic equip such as an LCD TV, which I recently purchased, half of the time I don't understand what the terminology means.  What is OPC?; what is AV?  The Sharp operation manual does not define or explain the terms, they just tell you what steps to take.

I am a retired electrical engineer, but I find that if I don't keep up with the technology jargon, I get lost in the shuffle.  Sooner or later I will get left behind.  Maybe I am getting to be too old.

Larry Dillon
What is OPC  [Web Answer]
What is OPC  [Web Answer]
OPC is the in facto standard for process control and visualistation on Windows system platforms. The only way, until now, to connect a PC to an EIB installation is via such a RS-232, USB serial interface and bluetooth
Go to ask.com or google any thing you want to find online.  If you really need a book amazon or horizon web sites have alot of ifo books.  By the way AV is Audio/ Video.. And your never too old to learn. Im 51 and can't do my trade any more because of an injury and going back to college, and as a matter of fact, I start today, the fall semester.  Its the start of my second year!   Any more info you need, look it up online or we will be more then happy to assist you.  There are alot of great articles posted here to learn ablout almost any type og connection problem.  Good Luck and stay in touch.
Mikethekey
Thanks for the info.  I

Thanks for the info.  I definitely will stay in touch

Larry Dillon
No problem at all I like

No problem at all I like having on line buds.

Larry Dillon
Mike check this out.  http:/
Mikethekey
Larry

Larry

Wow!! that's great--just what I was looking for---Thanks

Mike 

Connect With Techlore