Mitsubishi VS-50605 50" Year 2000 Projection TV

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
chris-s
Mitsubishi VS-50605 50" Year 2000 Projection TV

Mitsubishi 2000  big screen (projection) TV, VS-50605, 50 inches.

The screen starts with some horizontal lines and pictures distorted for several minutes when it is powered on from cold (off for hours). Then the horizontal lines disappear when TV gets warm. Does anyone have the circuit diragram? Does anyone know what could be the problems- capacitor, converge module, etc?  Thx in advance

Larry Dillon
The two convergence IC's

The two convergence IC's should both be changed at the same time. They are labled with STK and some numbers. They are black and stand up on a metal heat sink. They are also soldered into place. if you have the know how to solder on solid state circuit boards you can replace them yourself, but if you dont I would recomend you call in a tech to assit you with this problem. Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

chris-s
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for the advise. I opened the back of TV and unable to find the parts (STKxxx).

There are several parts with heat sink.  Any more advise for me?

Larry Dillon
They are two black rectanges,

They are two black rectanges,  side by side about 4"x 2"

reddog04
i had the same prop. with my

i had the same prop. with my Mitsubishi VS-50605 and put in 2 new stk in and now i have one line in the pic that go's horizontal and vertical after it gets warm.Does anyone know what could be the problems now   thxs for any help

JerradsDad
This model is famous for

This model is famous for capacitors being bad in the low voltage regulators on the signal board. Also has been known for cold solder connections in the power supply to the convergence IC. I don't have my notes at home but I belive that model only uses one IC for convergence, STK393-570. You cant see it from the back because of it being hidden by its heat sink.

JerradsDad
This model is famous for

This model is famous for capacitors being bad in the low voltage regulators on the signal board. Also has been known for cold solder connections in the power supply to the convergence IC. I don't have my notes at home but I belive that model only uses one IC for convergence, STK393-570. You cant see it from the back because of it being hidden by its heat sink.

bmilly44
i have the same problem mine

i have the same problem mine I have the VS-5605 it is fuzzy until it warms up for about a half hour then it is fine does anyone know the problem or how to fix it and what parts to order if needed. Thanks so much

bmilly44
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the VS-50605 it is fuzzy until it warms up for about 30 min then it is clear can someone tell me how to fix it and what parts to order and where to order them I can solder. Thanks so much

Larry Dillon
you can try to adjust the

you can try to adjust the electrical focus but if it drifts again the focus block is bad or maybe even the tubes are bad as they are pretty old.
Larry

Glenn G
my VS 50605 turn off after 2

my VS 50605 turn off after 2 seconds of turning it on. when i push power button, the green light comes on, you hear a click and then turns off immediately. Any idea, i hate to buy a new tv has is this one never gets used, just hate to throw it away.

CVinje
Glenn, you should probably

Glenn, you should probably start a new thread for your problem; however, you can start trying to diagnose your problem by activating the "self-diagnosis" procedure using these steps:

With the TV plugged in, and after it has turned off after trying to get it to power up, press the MENU and INPUT buttons on the front of the TV and hold for 5 seconds. The power LED should blink. The number of blinks indicate an error code. It should blink rapidly a multiple of times, then pause for about 1/2 second. Then start again. Those two sequences make up a single error code (for example, two blinks - pause - one blink). Here are what each sequence indicates:

• 12 - No error
  • 21 - X-ray protection circuit
  • 22 - Short protection circuit
  • 23 - Horizontal deflection failure
  • 24 - Vertical deflection failure

Once you're able to determine what error code (if any) you're receiving, start that new post I talked about and reference the error code. Hopefully this will get you started on resolving the problem. Good luck!

CVinje

Glenn G
thanks for the advice,

thanks for the advice, reposted on new thread with error code

kenny29
ok my tv shut off when there

ok my tv shut off when there was a power outage. the power finely came back on but my tv will not turn on at all. is there anything i can do to fix it?

frankcheryl
my vs50605 just stopped

my vs50605 just stopped working. No Audio no video other than a blue horiazontal line accross the middle of the screen
Tne blue line goes out momentarily when you select a new channel.
Where do I start?

evil
Try checking for error by

Try checking for error by pushing and holding device and menu on the tv untill it starts blinking.

Connect With Techlore