Sony Home Cinema System - no audio when linked to TV

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ayrton Twigge
Sony Home Cinema System - no audio when linked to TV

I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and a Sony Home Cinema system, model DAV-DZ700FW.

I am delighted with the performance of both apart from one annoyance that I haven't been able to solve.

Whilst the Home Cinema will play DVDs via the TV with excellent audio and video quality (and audio CD's, and radio tuner) I cannot get it to produce audio when in TV mode. I have followed the manufacturers instructions - turned off TV speakers- select TV mode on the Home Cinema, but I cannot get it working.

I suspect my connections but can't see what is wrong having used new leads and followed instructions for inter-connections. I am connecting them with seperate RCA type audio leads, from TV out to Home Cinema in, plus Scart connection and Component Video from Home Cinema to TV.

Can you advise how I can get sound out of my TV into the Home Cinema system?

Dollar
I am also facing similar

I am also facing similar problems with my Sony DAV S400 Home theatre system, pls help

Mike H
I am also suffering the same

I am also suffering the same problem with a Sony LCD TV and Sony home cinema system...any help would greatly appreciated

Mike H
I have got it working. First

I have got it working. First of all make sure the audio cables are connected to the audio out sockets of the TV, and plugged into audio In of the Home cinema system. Then on the TV sound settings, turn speakers off. Then go to Home cinema function button and make sure Line output is selected. (Function button on remote).

This worked for me

Connect With Techlore