SONY INTEGRATED STEREO AMPLIFIER TA-FE230

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
*_militant_*
SONY INTEGRATED STEREO AMPLIFIER TA-FE230

Hello

I wonder if you people can help. I own a Sony Integrated Stereo Amplifier TA-FE230. Upon powering up the amplifier, there is usually a click (approx 5 seconds after the power has been switched on). Recently, there is no click and no sound comes on, the power is there as it lights up.

Any ideas??

Thanks, in advance

Larry Dillon
militant,  that click you

militant,  that click you used to hear is the speaker overload protection relay.  In older stereo setups they did not have speaker overload protection relays, so when there was a short in the outpit section of the amp. the speakers would smoke make all sorts of noise and burn up.  so it seems the unit detects a short  somewhere in the output section.  It could be pinched speaker wires, bad speakers, or a bad amp. output device such as a transistor or IC.  You could try forst to disconnect the speakers,all of them from the unit and see if the unit will click again after you turn on the unit.  If it does then turn off and start hooking back up the speakers till the unit wont turn on again.  if it does not click with all of the speakers off, then there is for sure a short inside this unit, and if you have had no solid state repair experience, you should noy try as these circuits are very unforgiving.  There are no user replaceable parts inside this unit.  Please seek out a pro to assist you in this repair.  Also let us know how you made out.  Good Luck

*_militant_*
Thanks for the info, I've

Thanks for the info, I've tried the amplifier without the speakers and still no luck! must be a short, a little bit too complicated for my expertise!and not economical to repair, looks like its destined to the scrapheap! thanks anyway.

john1982
I own a sony amplifier TA

I own a sony amplifier TA-FE230 and theres volume coming out of the right but not the left?? can anyone help me please or give me a clue how to fix it. hopefully i will get a reply. THANX.

john1982
I own a sony amplifier TA

I own a sony amplifier TA-FE230 and theres volume coming out of the right but not the left?? can anyone help me please or give me a clue how to fix it. hopefully i will get a reply. THANX.

Connect With Techlore