TV/VCR Combo Recording Home Videos to DVD

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quest
TV/VCR Combo Recording Home Videos to DVD

Have a Cyberhome 1500 DVD recorder which will record television programs from my Magnavox TV/VCR Combo unit, but not my home videos.  ERROR message appears on LCD screen of DVD.  I've disconnected cable so only available picture is VCR playing, but no difference.  Cyberhome Support is non existent! 

HELP! 

Thinking something to do with when I push "play" for VCR tape it goes to AV-1 and DVD doesn't recognize where this is?!  Have tried recording on channel 2, 3, 4, 5; tried putting on antennae instead of cable connection.  Nothing seems to change it.

Help!

Thx,

Quest 

Matt Whitlock
How do you have the TV/VCR

How do you have the TV/VCR connected to the DVD recorder? Many TV/VCR combos I've seen do not have audio/video outputs for the VCR section.

If yours has one, where does it plug into on the DVD recorder? 

Quest
There is one Audio (White)

There is one Audio (White) and Video (Yellow) and the red just hangs there. 

Anxious,

Quest 

Larry Dillon
Oh, I have seen this comming

Oh, I have seen this comming up now more and more with home DVD recorders.  If it is copyrighted material, that you are trying to record, it has a stop to prevent this from happening.  Its in the firmware of the units themselfs, and as far as I know unless you know how to hack into the firmware of these units, you cannot record the programs the big companys say no to.  Is this the issue your running into?? I hope i did'nt translate this incorrectly?  Get back to us.  Please!

Quest
No, this is not copy

No, this is not copy protected, these are home movies.

Quest

Larry Dillon
Oh geez Me bad.  Let me look

Oh geez Me bad.  Let me look into this a little more.  Sorry I thought the issue was something else.

Larry Dillon
Go to http://support

Go to http://support.cyberhome.com  select the model of your recorder and see if you need a firmware or differant burning software.  It all there for you to download.  Let us know how you made out.

Quest
The support/cyberhome site is

The support/cyberhome site is no longer available.

Quest 

Larry Dillon
.I was just there yesterday

.I was just there yesterday and it had all sorts of info on this unit and sofeware updates.  im going to look around some more.  Cry

Connect With Techlore