VCR playback noise

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
MARYM
VCR playback noise

Hello-

I've searched the forums for a clue on how to solve my problem, but I haven't found anything that addresses my specific problem.

I have a VCR in the bedroom hooked up.Taping the show is fine and playback on that TV is fine.

However when I take the tape from that VCR and TV and try to play the tape on another VCR in the other room the sound recording bites the big one! The sound is very low and if you turn up the volume there is a constant hissing or buzzing. I thought it was the VCR doing the recording ($39.95) returned it and purchased a VCR / DVD palyer combo ($69.95) by Magnavox (same brand as the TV) but the buzzing is still present. Before I go an purchase another unit I wanted to try to find out why is there a hissing/buzzing? Is it a function of the recording unit or the TV?

I have tried:

changing all the recording and playback channels to 4 on all machines (as suggested by the manufacturer)

Changing the playback on the non-recorded VCR to mono as well as recording in mono and play back in mono.

Cleaning heads

Manual tracking

I appreciate any help you can offer

Larry Dillon
Try to playb=ack a

Try to playb=ack a prerecorded tape like a movie on the machine that your trying to playback a tape.  See if your machine is in HI FI mode and the other one may not be a hi fi machine.  I have seen inexpensive machines not playback properly even though they are suppose to switch audio automaticly

Connect With Techlore