VCR PLAYBACK NOISE

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
MARYM
VCR PLAYBACK NOISE

Hello-

I've searched the forums for a clue on how to solve my problem, but I haven't found anything that addresses my specific problem.

I have a VCR in the bedroom hooked up.Taping the show is fine and playback on that TV is fine.

However when I take the tape from that VCR and TV and try to play the tape on another VCR in the other room the sound recording bites the big one! The sound is very low and if you turn up the volume there is a constant hissing or buzzing. I thought it was the VCR doing the recording ($39.95) returned it and purchased a VCR / DVD palyer combo ($69.95) by Magnavox (same brand as the TV) but the buzzing is still present. Before I go an purchase another unit I wanted to try to find out why is there a hissing/buzzing? Is it a function of the recording unit or the TV?

I have tried:

changing all the recording and playback channels to 4 on all machines (as suggested by the manufacturer)

Changing the playback on the non-recorded VCR to mono as well as recording in mono and play back in mono.

Cleaning heads

Manual tracking

I appreciate any help you can offer

Larry Dillon
Try playing back a prerecored

Try playing back a prerecored, a pro tape or movie from a studio or store,  see if the unit your playing back on is ok  It sounds like a playback problem on the other machine.  Is the one your recording a HI FI type machine?  Is the palyback machine a HI Fi machine. 

MARYM
Thank you for the tip. Other

Thank you for the tip. Other tapes IE: video store sound fine. I seem to have gotten a tad bit of improvement. I recorded at a slower rate on a new tape and adjusted the sound settings on the stero ( I have an option to play via the stero) I'll keep workin on it! Oh both machines are hi fi

Larry Dillon
Great!! let us know if you

Great!! let us know if you find a solution. Oh also are the tapes new that your recording on or older ones??

Connect With Techlore