NEED help OR advice on MADDOG

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
pat7188
NEED help OR advice on MADDOG

I again i am in a mess i bought a madgog mega star 7-1 dl dvd-r /+r   i have put my vhs tapes on dvd-rs my players and family s wont read them my xp wont read them i was told the external maddog could convert -r to the +rs is this true also it came with only the nero oem version it over took the orginal so thats not well i have boughten so much BS online that is just plain trash advice on the better dvd copy soft ware apperated  was enjoying dvd shrink till this mess      Please help me    

Matt Whitlock
Provided the Maddog drive can

Provided the Maddog drive can read the disc in question and write to both formats, you can use it to convert DVD-R to DVD+R. You'll need burning software like Nero 6 or greater, Roxio, Alcohol 120%, etc. All you need to do is use the program's copy function. It will first create an image file of the original disc on your hard drive, then prompt you for a blank disc. Insert the blank DVD+R disc, and all should be well.

Curious why you need DVD Shrink to write video from a VHS tape to a blank DVD... If it's for the reason I think it is, converting formats may not solve the problem. You could be struggling with a copy protection problem.

pat7188
Thank you the drive does read

Thank you the drive does read dvds an says it writes to all i hate nero whats next the vhs tapes are old family videos i bought the dvd/vhs recorder and it only plays -rs all familay and my pc prior to mad dog external only read +rs so couldnt do xtras for kids

Connect With Techlore