52" RCA HDTV

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mth57
52" RCA HDTV

My tv has a protective screen which causes too much glare from outside light. Can I remove this screen and if so how?  How easily damaged is the screen underneath? I previously had a 52" Zenith without the protective screen and it was in good condition when the tv quit.

Larry Dillon
if its a smooth surface on

if its a smooth surface on the screen Yes you should be able to remove the protective screen IF and only if its not part of the screen or we sould say lens assembly. You would need to consult an RCA aauthorized repairer or call the tech help line in the owners manual. If you want to know how to remove maybe I can help if I have a model number?  But since of course since i cant come to your house to assist you maybe it would be for the best if you called a tech to assist you in this matter. Good Luck and let us know how you made out in this matter.

mth57
The Model# is R52WH74.  The

The Model# is R52WH74.  The spec sheet on the RCA web site calls it an "integrated" shield so it may not be a good idea to remove it.  I am going to contact a tech and see what I can find out.

Larry Dillon
Good Idea as I said it could

Good Idea as I said it could be part of the screen assembly.  Let us know please how you made out! Thanks

Connect With Techlore