Panasonic CT-32G4A - did the coax cable fry the TV?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
SPOHARROW
Panasonic CT-32G4A - did the coax cable fry the TV?

Help!  I have a cable connection for my TV, PC and phone and recently following a storm all devices connected to the cable connection (coax)....with the exception of one TV.....will no longer power up at all.   The cable modem, the Panasonic CT-32G4A and my dvd/vcr won't power on....although other devices connected to the same power supply work just fine.   I can get another cable modem box from Bright House cable provider, however, any idea if there's something as simple as a fuse that may need to be replaced inside the TV?   Any help would be greatly appreciated...3 kids and no TV :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

Larry Dillon
Highly unlikly only a fuse

Highly unlikly only a fuse was taken out.  Usually when a set gets hit by lightning through the cable line it will take out the tuner, tuner driver circuit, themain power supply, as well as the standby power supply.  if you have home owners insurance, its time to call your agent.  I have found that 85% of sets hit by lightning through the antenna or cable input is not worth the repair cost to bring them back to life, but i cant really say this untill the sets and other equipment is looked at by a professional tech.  Good Luck and let us know what happened to your equipment please. 

SPOHARROW
Thank you very much for your

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this!  I'll take it into a TV repair shop to have it checked out....they're telling me it should only cost $35 for them to tell me what's wrong with it and how much it would cost to  fix.  Seemed sort of strange that the power never went out in the house (even the clock radios didn't go off/on), yet all of the devices connected to the coax cable died.  On the flip side, you would think that the cable would be burnt up if a power surge came in over the cable....and it isn't.  The cable company came out and hooked up their own TV and everything seems to be working fine on that front.  Oh well.  I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks Again!   ...Steve

Connect With Techlore