dvd recorder no actors dialogue sound

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
valcum
dvd recorder no actors dialogue sound

Recently bought BNI 1000R dvd recorder, sent it back as I could only hear soundtrack music  or, actors comments,  unable to hear actors dialogue. This only happened when playing all pre-recorded discs, no problem with discs I had recorded.     Received replacement recorder, however, I am still having the same problem, have tried to contact the customer services for help, but have been advised that they have closed this department, grateful for any solutions to this problem.

Matt Whitlock
The BNi 1000R DVD Recorder

The BNi 1000R DVD Recorder offers a direct 6-channel output on the back of the unit. These comprise of direct outputs for the front left and right, center, subwoofer, and rear left and right channels. 

When connecting this player to a 2 channel device, like a TV, you'll want to use the regular stereo output (probably called CVBS on your player), not the front left and right channels on the direct 6 channel output. Why? Most commercial DVDs are encoded with multi-channel audio, and the 6-channel output sends out each channel through its own cable.  So if all the voices are mixed to the center channel, you'll  see that you don't have the center channel connected to anything. You get sound from your home movies, because your camcorder does not record audio in a multi-channel format, thus the voices are mixed in with the front left and right channels. You'd actually get all sound from any non-multichannel audio source.

Enjoy the voices in your movies!

valcum
Hi Matt,   Thanks for your

Hi Matt,   Thanks for your prompt reply, I only have one scart connection on my TV, will this make it difficult for me to follow your advice.

I am a complete novice with technology and am of the female species which tends to make technology more difficult.                                                          

Many thanks and regards.

Matt Whitlock
Check your DVD player's setup

Check your DVD player's setup menu for some audio options to adjust what kind of audio signal comes out of the player. There may be a 6 channel output setting that you're tuned in to. 

Connect With Techlore