DESPERATE HELP NEEDED

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Samsung TV Owner
DESPERATE HELP NEEDED

Hi all, I have a Samsung HC-P4752W projection television.  I
believe my blue tube has gone out and can't find anywhere online to buy
a new one.  PLease help me if you can!!!!!

Larry Dillon
Part Number: BP91-01493A

Part Number: BP91-01493A
Division: TV
Description: PICTURE TUBE - BLUE
Stock Availability: Item usually ships in 5 business days
Price: $233.81
Available at http://www.samsungparts.com/part_deta...

I hope your tube is bad, as it could also be a problem from the video jungle IC or the Blue CRT Drive board Let us knoiw how you made out. Good Luck

Samsung TV Owner
How could I tell if the

How could I tell if the problem was from one of the other things?

Larry Dillon
The first thing Im going to

The first thing Im going to say is PLEASE BE CAREFULL!  Unplug the set.  Open up the set find the picture tube sockets at the end of the tubes.  Alot of projection sets have screws where the front lower panel can come off to service the CRT's.   Take off the blue tube socket, BUT be very carefull as you dont want to break the board or the tube.  Pull straight off with no twisting or turning.  Next to the blue tube is the green tube. Pull off that socket too, and insert the green socket onto the blue tube.  Make sure  the Blue socket that you took off first, is not touching anything. Carefully plug in the set and turn it on. If the Blue tube comes on then you know the tube is good and the curcuit is bad.  If it does not come on then the tube is bad. DO NOT leave the set on long, as the other socket may start to arch a bit!  Now reverse the directions.  You should not be inside the TV set if you have had no training on TV's, as there is extremly High Voltage inside these sets, even when its unplugged.   If the tube is bad , do you have the equipment to replace it and to alighn the tube?  PLEASE I said it before ,If you have no TV training call in a pro as a TV set will kill you if your not carefull.  If the tube does light up your going to need a schematic, a multimeter, a capacitor checker, and maybe even an ocilliscope to troubleshoot this drive circuit.  TVs are not modules any more as they use to be.  So the ease of repairing went out the window when they started building sets these days.   Its all troubleshooting down to componet level.  You need to know the resistor color codes and the theroy behind each circuit to trouble shoot correctly and without danger. Once again, Good Luck

Samsung TV Owner
Thanks for the info and

Thanks for the info and advice Larry.  I'll be having a
professional check it out.  Quick question just out of general
curiosity, how can the set still have high voltage when they're
unplugged?  Again, thank you for the advice, I'll be following
your advice and letting a pro look at it.

Larry Dillon
Sure, you can ask just about

Sure, you can ask just about anything technical or gadget related and someone will have the answer, as we have alot of smart, and informative peeps here like our Editor Matt, and Ron. You should explore and look at some of the articles and post's here and tell your friends. A TV set has whats called capacitors inside them. Most are used to filter the DC voltage from A/C ripple or used as couplers between circuit stages. The Filter capcitors can hold a DC charge for a long time, unless the circuit designer and engineers design a bleeder circuit to the capacitors to bleed the DC voltages to ground. Also you have the picture tube High Voltage lead wire called a 2nd anode lead, that is attached to the Picture tube via a heavy red wire. The picture tube can hold a very large charge of DC high voltage, up to 35,000 volts, for a long period of time. Some manufactures also have a bleeder designed into the HI voltage distribution block, where the 3 CRT 2nd anode leads attache. This is not true with all manufactures. these are some of the HIgh voltage safety issues involved in serviceiing a TV set. Theres an article I submitted here that explains some of these concerns. If you would llike to read it, I will post a link. Let us know how you made out. Again good Luck http://www.techlore.com/article/14476/

Ryan00007
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same problem where things that are normally blue are now green. I suspect that it might be the picture tube and would like to try the method you described above to determine if thatÂ’s the case. If it is the tube, wouldnÂ’t it be rather easy to just take the old one out and put it in? What alignment tool would be needed?

Also, where can I find a diagram that shows the picture tube? I also read from another site where someone mentioned changing the coolant since the coolant fogs really bad on the blue tube on this model and it looks like a bad CRT.
How would I change the coolant if you think thatÂ’s an option as well?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan00007
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same problem where things that are normally blue are now green. I suspect that it might be the picture tube and would like to try the method you described above to determine if thatÂ’s the case. If it is the tube, wouldnÂ’t it be rather easy to just take the old one out and put it in? What alignment tool would be needed?

Also, where can I find a diagram that shows the picture tube? I also read from another site where someone mentioned changing the coolant since the coolant fogs really bad on the blue tube on this model and it looks like a bad CRT.
How would I change the coolant if you think thatÂ’s an option as well?

Thanks,

Ryan

Larry Dillon
leave an e-mail address and I

leave an e-mail address and I will be happy to send you some info on this
Larry

Ryan00007
Thanks, Larry, it's rbookler

Thanks, Larry, it's [email protected]

Ryan

Ryan00007
It first started with the

It first started with the faces of people on the tv turning an orange color for a couple of days before and then the blue went out yesterday.

Ryan00007
It first started with the

It first started with the faces of people on the tv turning an orange color for a couple of days before and then the blue went out yesterday.

Larry Dillon
the picture tube is bad or

the picture tube is bad or the picture tube drive board. take off the middle board off the tube or swap thgem out, if the problem switches to the green then you know the board is bad, if it does not the tube is bad good luck!!!
Larry

Ryan00007
Larry,

Larry,

So where would I find the part number for the tube drive board? I was going to try to first try to switch the blue and green tubes as you suggested above. Are the tubes obvious to find? Do they say "blue tube" or are the color blue? Is the tube located in the top or bottom part of the t.v.? Should I remove both parts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Larry Dillon
there should be a number

there should be a number right on the board, as there is on the tube. good luck

Ryan00007
Problem solved, Larry. It

Problem solved, Larry. It turned out to be a loose wire on the tivo.

Larry Dillon
good for you!!!Glad to hear

good for you!!!Glad to hear you solved the problem

Ryan00007
Larry,

Larry,

There are pink and green lines appearing on the t.v. In particular, it's an outline of peopleÂ’s clothing. Also, it is showing words and objects in double vision in the pink and green color. There is a small right center portion of the t.v. that's fine (the letters are showing double), but the rest of it is showing double. Any idea what this could be and if there's a part to order? This time it's not a plug or loose cable. Unfortunately, it's the t.v.

Thanks,

Ryan

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day

Connect With Techlore