panasonic mod #PVQ2512 have pic no sound

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rockin
panasonic mod #PVQ2512 have pic no sound

This TV is only 4 yrs old, it is a TV/VCR combo and problems started with sound trouble. Had to turn it up full blast to barely hear it and now I have no sound at all. Picture is fine, VCR is fine, just no sound at all. Was needing to get it repaired or checked but I would like to know possible solutions, or know what might be the problem before I get ripped off with repair shop. Any ideas anyone???? 

Larry Dillon
It could be a number of

It could be a number of things. First would be to see if this puppy has an earphone jack?? Yes ,try to plug in a headset to see if you have sound. No? If you do then the problem is the speaker or the jack is defective. Do you hear any hiss or static with the headphones or with your ear right next to the speaker? Yes, A small hiss or static?? Your problems in the audio switching network in the VCR section. No hiss? Your problems the speaker, or a problem in the audio output section of the TV set. This repair could run you in the area of 85 to 125 bucks for this type of repair. It probably would not pay to have this set repaired, as I have seen these sets for a little as 99.00. Good Luck

Rockin
no hissing or sound. hooked

no hissing or sound. hooked earphones up this AM and you can barely hear the sound. still no hissing. I was really hoping it would be worth repairing.Thanks for your response. I was considering bringing it in.

Larry Dillon
Yep sounds like a problem in

Yep sounds like a problem in the audio amp section of the TV set. could be the audio output IC or a coupling capacitor. Good Luck . Let us know what you find out if you decide to take it in..

Rockin
Thanks so much Larry..at

Thanks so much Larry..at least now I have a name of possible parts. I will let you know.

Connect With Techlore