TV SANYO AVM-2558C image ON and OFF

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
FLH
TV SANYO AVM-2558C image ON and OFF

Hi,

We had some thunderstorms last week and it looks that it affects my TV. When I turned the TV ON, I can see the image for 1 second and then the snow for another 1 second, this pattern last for a long time. I opened the TV and I noticed that the board is discolored in two areas, underneath two big resistors. I measured them and I got values, but I don't know if they overheated. That is why I'm looking for the service manual: SANYO AVM-2558C.

Can somebody tell me where I can get it?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
The discoloration under the

The discoloration under the power resistors is a normal thing.  The problem you have is in the tuner assy. or the PLL circuit.  A TV set is not for a handiperson to experiment with. To trouible shoot this problem your going to need an adjustable power supply to supply external voltage to the tuning voltage leg on the tuner, a multi meter, and possibly an ociliscope.  If you are a tech you should be able to find the manual at an authorized sanyo parts house.  If your not a tech you should call out a pro or take the set into the shop for an estimate. Good Luck

Connect With Techlore