Connecting Sony DVD Player to Denon AVR--486 Recv

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
GTClyde
Connecting Sony DVD Player to Denon AVR--486 Recv

<><>Just added a Denon AVR-486S to my Home Theater which includes a
Samsung HL-S6188W 61" HDTV, a Sony DVP-NS325 DVD Player, and a TIVO
Series 2 box.
Sony DVD has S-Video output plus Digital Output  via coax. 
Can I run the S-Video directly to the TV and route the Digital Audio to
the Receiver?

Matt Whitlock
Yes, you'll have no problems

Yes, you'll have no problems routing video to the display and audio to the receiver. I do this on some of my sources as well. You'll need to make sure to select the appropriate inputs on both the TV and receiver in order to see and hear your source. 

GTClyde
<><><><><>Thanks for the fast

<><><><><>Thanks for the fast response to my AVR question. 
After more reading, what I plan to do is run the S-video and L/R audio
from the DVD to the TV and then run a digital coax to the Denon AVR digital input.  If I understand the documentation
I will have to run setup in the DVD to switch between playing the sound through
the TV and the Receiver.  This is a temporary setup, as I plan to
add a better DVD player to the system and hopefully an HD version of
the TIVO box.

<>Thanks again,  Clyde

Jazzman
Does anyone know the remote

Does anyone know the remote code to be able to control a Sony SLV-D350P with the Denon remote control and a VIZIO lcd tv?
I've tried all the codes in the manual for the SONY but the VIZIO is not in there.

herby stew
Thank you Matt for your

Thank you Matt for your useful input, the proceedure for forum feedback is now very clear.  Stew

Larry Dillon
Jazzman, have you tryed the

Jazzman, have you tryed the manual code search yet?  If you have there is no code for your units with this remote, as a manual code search goes through every single code thats in, and or programed into the remote.  These types of remotes are not learning remotes.  You can purchace a learning remote and teach the new remote all of the codes needed from the original remotes.  Good Luck, and please let us know how you made out.

Connect With Techlore