Power surge hit

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Needhelpnow
Power surge hit

My 25 in. Sanyo color television was turned on recently when someone was checking the breakers in the power box at my home, when I noticed that the screen of the TV had a bouncing line going across the front and this made the picture distorted. I can make out what is on the screen and can hear the conversations but they are not clear. Will I have to have my picture tube replaced? Or will it be cheaper to buy another TV?

Larry Dillon
When you say bouncy lineĀ  Do

When you say bouncy line  Do you mean the picture within the screen is opening and closing while its looking like the picture is shrinking and bounching?. If thats the case or if the picture is going up and down it sounds like a vertical sync or vertical drive falure. It really is up to you if its worth fixing . You have to ask yourself How old is it find out how much an estimate would be for the set and most important how much it would cost to replace a set like this? http://www.techlore.com/article/10602/  this is very informative and my give you a little insight on your delima. Good Luck . Oh! and if you can get back with us and let us know how you made out.   Thanks.

Connect With Techlore