Philips FlatTV Monitor

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Citta
Philips FlatTV Monitor

For the last week when I turned on my Philips 17PF9945/37 FlatTV HDTV Monitor the LED sensor light was a constant green and for 3 or 4 minutes the screen alternated between black and grey and then the picture came up. Now, the picture stays black all the time and the LED sensor flashes green and red. Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be and how I can fix it?

Larry Dillon
After speaking to a couple of

After speaking to a couple of my fellow LCD TV repair buddies, I tend to agree on my original thoughts on this problem. This model seems to have several issues regarding the power supply module of this set. Also a few back light problems . Its almost impossible to track down a LCD problem as there are to many variables. At least without looking at it first. I hope You bought an extended warranty for this set, as I used to think extended warrantys were a rip off, untill they came out with these expensive sets and only have a 90 day parts and labor warranty.. If you need to have your set looked at, only once in the three to five years of an extended warranty,(and Im sure you will!) you would have already saved five times on what the warranty cost you. Imagine this, my next door freind, as had the repair guy out 4 times in the past 2 years on a pioneer plasma set. If they were being charged for it the service call alone would have been 400 bucks! And each time a board was replaced! Just a heads up on this matter, as its better to pay a little extra now, thern alot extra in the future. Oh by the way, check with Phillips, as some manufacturers will let you buy an extended warranty even after the sets out of warranty. Good Luck and hope you get your set fixed. Let us know the outcome Please!

Citta
Could it be a temporary

Could it be a temporary problem due to a decrease in electrical current
supplied by my provider (NYC is very hot and experiencing lots of power
outages)? Should I go ahead and pay for a professional repair estimate?

Larry Dillon
Anything is possible with

Anything is possible with these electronics no days but If you continue to have this problem you should vall in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck  Hope all works out for you and if you can please get back with us and let us all know what you or the servicer fouind. Thanks

Larry Dillon
Anything is possible with

Anything is possible with these electronics no days but If you continue to have this problem you should vall in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck  Hope all works out for you and if you can please get back with us and let us all know what you or the servicer fouind. Thanks

Connect With Techlore