Can I set up multiple tvs with cable?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
dfwman
Can I set up multiple tvs with cable?

My friend just got cable in her apartment and they only hooked up the living room.  She had satellite but had to remove it. The scam cable company wants $30 a room to come hook them up. Can I use a splitter or something to connect the other tvs up and have them running and if so, will they be able to receive different channels at the same time? 

This is why I have satellite.......cable companies are a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
.I dont reccomend more then 3

.I dont reccomend more then 3 hook-ups  as then your going to need a cable amp. Thats a cost of about 25 bucks if not  a little less.  Sure the cable company wants money to come back out as these techs dont work for free.  Simply find out where the cable comes into The ground block or inside a  little box.  Some cable companys have a tamper proof device on the hook up box to prevent someone from going inside it.  You may have to  cut the wire and put on connectors. I would find out if thats against the law first though. What you can do is where the cable connects to the cable box, install a splitter. One side with another cable line connect back up to the cable input. The other free space on the splitter goes to another tv set.  Now always make sure your not stealing when you do this as most cable companys dont care if you hook up other rooms, BUT some do! Also you will not be able to watch any premium stations, as your gonna need a reciever box for that.. Remember Thief of service is a crime!  AsK before doing this! good Luck

LRaddatz05
I realize this was posted

I realize this was posted awhile ago, but may be the answer to my problem.  I have cable that is only in the living room.  It goes through a cable box.  Currently it is going from the wall, to the box, to the tv.  I want to get tv in my bedroom also.  Is there a way to do this where I can end up watching DIFFERENT channels in different rooms?  On the cable box there is an input hookup and an output hookup.  How exactly would I need to set this up for it to work?  I have tried various ways, but like I said, so far I only got where I could watch the same channel that the living room was watching, or I got only local, normal tv stations ... but no cable.  I'm not looking to recieve any premium channels, I just would like to receive normal cable.

Larry Dillon
What you can do is where the

What you can do is where the cable connects to the cable box, install a splitter. One side with another cable line connect back up to the cable input. The other free space on the splitter goes to another tv set.  Now always make sure your not stealing when you do this as most cable companys dont care if you hook up other rooms, BUT some do! Also you will not be able to watch any premium stations, as your gonna need a reciever box for that.  Good Luck, and let us know how you made out.

imakid
Uuuuuuuuum, if the tv plugs

Uuuuuuuuum, if the tv plugs into the output socket, what would happen if I plugged the splitter THERE instead of the input, so that i could plug in all3 of my tvs on the splitter. wouldn't the descrambled channels form the box go to all three? my plan is to put an xbox with media center on the top floor (connected to a tv), keep the cable box connected to another tv on the first floor, and have a computer with media center in the basement connected to the tv. the 1st floor tv will be connected to the splitter on the cable box, the 2nd floor xbox is connected to the 2nd socket of the cable splitter, and the computer connected to the third. would this work?

Me Too
I have cable goes from

I have cable goes from outside trough the wall then trough a splitter the one trough a cable box after the cable bow to a tv the other side of the splitter goes trough another another splinter wich goes trough trough a wall to a tv with only 22 channels the other cable goes trough another box wich connects trough another tv wich gets hundreds of channels now my question is in the tv that i get 22 channels how do i do it to get hundreds of channels like the other tv without paying for another box.

Connect With Techlore