fm not working properly

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hdryders
fm not working properly

I mistakenly hooked up the AM loop antenna to the FM side of my Philips FWC155 Mini Hi Fi System. I immediately unhooked it. When I turn on the radio it will play great for a few minutes but then it will get fuzzy and a strange distorted sound will come from the speakers. The CD plays great. What have I done??

Thanks 

Larry Dillon
I do not see how hooking up

I do not see how hooking up the AM antenna loop to the FM connection could have damaged the RF amp. of your reciver. I have seen peeps do that all the time, with no damage at all. Maybe just a freak thing and the unit was ready to go out? It definatly sounds like the RF circuit has a problem. The proper way to troubleshoot this would be to run an RF generator through, and trace out the signal, and see where its being lost. If the units older then a few years, Im sorry to say, it may not pay to have an expert look at it . Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

hdryders
Thanks techman. The unit

Thanks techman. The unit worked great but I was going to hook up an antenna to pick up a few more FM stations but "touched" the AM loop to the FM side briefly. I did splice about 15 to 20 feet of extra speaker wire to each speaker so I could place the speakers out further? Could this be my problem?

Larry Dillon
I doubt it, as you said it

I doubt it, Coolas you said it worked great on the CD player right?  Sealed

hdryders
Yea Larry it works great on

Yea Larry it works great on the CD. I have no clue what I could have done. Maybe it WAS ready to go out and it was a timing thing. Thanks.

Connect With Techlore