popping noise on big screen

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
aavvaa
popping noise on big screen

my big screen mitshubishi is making a popping noise - the picture shows good.  i noticed another member (jimmy) was having that problem on an r.c.a.   he used a blower to clean it out????? i tried that to no avail.  does anybody have any other suggestions before i attempt to return it?  it's about one year old. 

Larry Dillon
It matters first where the

It matters first where the popping noise is comming from?  Is it comming from the speakers? If it is theres a componet in the audio circuit thats going bad. Is it like a loud snapping noise? This could be the HI voltage arching from the HI Voltage transformer, the focus/screen block is failing,or one of the High Voltage suction cups on one of the three tubes, or the heavy red wires connecting the cups, could be leaking HI VOLTAGE out of them.  Your store will let you return the set after almost a year?? Man thats good service, But I'll bet they will direct you to a service center. And to answer your Question NO there is no easy fix or anythiung you can do unless you know how to safely service a TV set. There is high voltage in these sets even after they are unplugged!   So please be carefull!   And Good Luck

aavvaa
thank you, techman for your

thank you, techman for your input.  now i'll have to determine where the noise is coming from.  i don't think it's the speaker.  at least i know i can return it.  makes me not want another, though.  what is the life of those large (projector) screens, anyway.  thanks, again.

Larry Dillon
yes sir yop need to give us

yes sir yop need to give us more info BUT if you think you can return it GO for it.  That would be the easyest thing to try first. If you need more info Please dont hesitate to contact us again. Good luck

ma&pa
We have RCA big screen (46")

We have RCA big screen (46") tv that made popping noises, then lost picture and sound a short while, then came back on.  It ended up being the high voltage regulator, costed about $225 to fix, but because the set was only 3 years old, we decided to get it fixed.  Hope this helps you.

Larry Dillon
yeppers ma&pa that is a very

yeppers ma&pa that is a very common problem it seems with RCA TV's. With the projections and the Other picture tube type sets.  That price you paid id very fair indeed.

Connect With Techlore