Sony Trinitron 28KVLC60B NEED HELP

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dermot Byrne
Sony Trinitron 28KVLC60B NEED HELP

Hi: From cold start my TV works fine for about 30 mins. ,Then menu items appear on screen and red light flashes continuously, remote control will now not work, after a time the picture and sound go. If I switch off the TV manually and leave for about one hour and then restart it will again work fine for 30 mins. The TV is about 4 years old.

Any ideas much appreciated. Does it look like a major problem?

Larry Dillon
Hmmm This sounds like a fun

Hmmm This sounds like a fun one!!  I like these sets to trouble shoot cause they can be such a challenge.  I would first have to remind you of the Hi Voltage that are inside these sets even if they are unplugged.  If you have no troubleshooting experience, its time to call in a pro to assist you with this repair.  First thing I would check would be to monitor the 5 volt B+ line going to the Microprocessor. It could be getting noisy or going low because of a bad capacitor.  It could also be the Micro itself is going bad and locking up.  My guess would be a dryed up or leaky capacitor.  Good luck and if you get it repaired Please contact us and let us know. Thanks

Dermot Byrne
Brought to a pro.  Needed a

Brought to a pro.  Needed a complete PC board( at least thats what I was charged for). Total price of repair £120.Thanks for your assistance.

Connect With Techlore