tv to stereo problem

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
lostindapast
tv to stereo problem

hi all i have a aiwa older model stereo which has video/aux and 5.1 input jacks mt new tv has a coaxial digital audio input jack is there any thing available to make these systems compatable 

Larry Dillon
I think what your trying to

I think what your trying to do is hookup The TV audio though the stereo system?  If thats the case then your TV should have a regular set of RCA type Audio Output Jacks.  One will be red and the other will be white.  Simply take a pair of RCA cables with Male ends on both sides, hook up on the back of the stereo to an auxilary input and the other end to the TV audio output.  Then make sure the Stereo's input is set to the auxilary mode. Some TV sets have a varable Audio Output as my RCA set does and makes it really convenent to use as the reciver can be turned on and left alone one set up.  There are devices out there to convert the PCM output of a TV set or other audio device to an optical Input on a reciver. This is also a great way to run long cable runs without loosing any audio or signal loss.  They also have a multiswitch thats available in case you have only one optical input on a reciver but multible componets with an optical output. If your Problem is that you only have an optical audio output then theres lots of differant adapters out there for this one is here at this link.  Good Luck

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/audio_toslink_adapters.html

lostindapast
thanks tech will i be able to

thanks tech will i be able to find something to change my stereo input which is a red and white or right left jacks to this coaxial audio out put jack i hope you understand what im asking and appreceiate your help

lostindapast
also its the only output on

also its the only output on tv no l r connections sylvania sai8d nothing but buy a new stereo

Connect With Techlore