Samsung TX-P32271HX won't power up

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Walt L
Samsung TX-P32271HX won't power up

Hi,

My Samsung HDTV (tube type) which is 2 years old has decided not to power up.   It was fine last night, even though we had a lightning storm preceding the time I was watching it.   This AM I turned it on with the remote, heard the relay do its thing, but then it was dead...no lights, no little power up sound it usually has.  It was on a surge protector...I have verified power going to the TV outlets, and plugged it directly to a verified live outlet.   Its dead.  What's happened?   Is there  an internal fuse on these that can blow, or does the relay go bad?   If it is a fuse, is it replaceable by someone who knows his way around electrical/electronic devices (have built electronic devices for my lab, etc).

Walt

Larry Dillon
Sorry to say Walt L, if a

Sorry to say Walt L, if a fuse was blown you would'nt hear the relay clicking. Most likly the power regulator IC is defective as thats a pretty common part to go bad during a power surge with these sets.  It could have also just been its time to go out.  Read the link and let me know if you need any further assistance.  Good Luck  http://www.techlore.com/article/14476/

Walt L
Well, there was only one

Well, there was only one click this am, after that there has been no clicking, nothing.  Just dead.  Thanks for the link!

Walt

Connect With Techlore