sony .v. not powering up

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
camm76
sony .v. not powering up

i have a 56 inch sony t.v. approx 7-8 years old that is not powering up. the timer/standby light remains on. when i press the power button nothing happens. the tv was working fine last night, and just all of a sudden the power will not go on. i have pushed every button on the remote and nothing. the model # on the remote is RM-Y906. i have tried unplugging the tv for  about 20 mins and still no power. please help!!!

Larry Dillon
camm76, there are a few

camm76, there are a few common problems this set has to cause your symptoms. First and the most important is to be aware of the HI Voltage and safety issues invoved when serviceing a TV set. The most common problem is a cold solder or poor connection on the horizontal drive transformer. The next thing to check if you know how to use a Multi-meter, would be to unsolder the Horizontal output transistor and see if the leads have any shorts around them. if they do replace along with the horizontal output transformer. There could also be a power regular problem. Before you procedd Please read this. http://www.techlore.com/article/14476/. If after you read this and feel comfortable with electronic troubleshooting, feel free to ask any more questions to assist you with this repair. If you dont feel comfortable, then by all means take the set or call in a service person to estimate the set.
Good luck

Connect With Techlore