Trouble with a Panasonic DVD Recorder

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Panasonic man
Trouble with a Panasonic DVD Recorder

I have an 18month old Panasonic DVD recorder - which I love - but which seems to have developed an intermittant fault. I try and turn it on and the LCD display goes blank. Or sometimes it just keeps goinging through the Self Check process, only to revert to "off" mode. I can get some performance by unplugging the set for a few minutes - and while I can then do a "direct record" which works fine, any attempt to set the timer for a future record fails.

If it were a computor, I'd think about rebooting it - but can't find anything in the instructions.

Help.

Larry Dillon
I think I've seen something

I think I've seen something like you describe before. It a bad capacitor in the 5 volt line feeding the microprocessor or the reset Ic or microprocessor has a poor connection on there leads. Not alot a consumer or a repir shop can do at this point unless they sit there untill the problem happens. My advice , use the unit till it doesnt work anymore, then see what it would cost to repair or replace or take it in to be looked at. Who knows maybe the tech will get lucky? Good Luck

Connect With Techlore