hitachi plasma 42pd5300

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
simon p
hitachi plasma 42pd5300

My plasma has a seperate AV box, this connects to the plasma screen via a dvi cable. I have been advise the DVI socket on the plasma screen is set up only to accept from the av box. Thus prevent me using say a sky hd box. Hitachi have decided not to upgrade the boxes. Does anybody know if this is true about the dvi connection. When purchased it was sold as hd Compatible, Now there saying buy a new plasma.

Matt Whitlock
Most consumer plasma displays

Most consumer plasma displays with an external AV box relied on a DVI and serial control connection as the primary hookup between the plasma and the box, at least in the US anyway.  As a result, the type and number of available inputs are limited to what's on the AV control box. 

You could experiment with connecting your HD Sky box directly to the DVI input, if that's the only one available of its type. Provided you output a signal compatible to the television, you might be able to get it to work. If successful, you could look at picking up a DVI switch box to allow the simultaneous connection of the HD box and AV unit for the plasma. 

simon p
Thanks,  thats definately

Thanks,  thats definately worth a try.

Connect With Techlore