Toshiba 55" projection TV-2000 MODEL

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cynthia RK
Toshiba 55" projection TV-2000 MODEL

Hope someone can help,

My TV was on and then suddenly lost audio and video with the power light blinking. I could not get the power light off until I unplugged it from the power source.

When I checked the manual to see what this may mean nothing was indicated. I called Toshiba and the representative said, "yes, there is a problem with the set"...well, I could guess that was the case and ask her who I should call. I was given the number to a repair shop for which I had to leave a message after waiting on line for 20 minutes, only to never get a return call.

Can someone help???? If the problem is minor, fine I'll get it fixed, but if not, then it may be better to buy a new set...but don't know yet. 

Larry Dillon
Thids is a hard call my

Thids is a hard call my friend. Your problem is most likly in the sweep/scan derived power supply as you stated there was a pblinking light.  If and only if you know abouty the hi voltage safty issues in these sets then you first can check for the obvious like cold solder connections (if you know how to solder. This could be a minor repair ,but for a set thats dead in the water its a very hard call as I stated before. You didnt say how old the set was but if its over 10 years old Iwouldnt (aT least me im saying) invest a dime into this set and invest the funds into a new set.  Good Luck

what
Techman,

Techman,

Thank you for your input. I know nothing about this type of repair so i'd have to get a repairman out. The set is 7 years old.

Again, thank you

Connect With Techlore