Help Please

1 post / 0 new
Fatality21
Help Please

I recently bought a 26 inch Sylvania television. Once I got it connected to my Verizon Fios Cable box using the standard coax cable the picture quality wasn't that great. I then used the S-video and composite cable combination and the quality was a little better but nothing breathtaking.

Today I went and bought a component cable that also had red and white sound connector and connected that to my TV but come to find out that the Verizon Fios Cable box doesnt have component connectors nor a HDMI connector.

So I went back to the store and purchased a Phillips HD manual switcher so I can have the composite going into the switch input and use the component output to go to my TV.  The output on the switcher has a green, yellow, red, blue and the red and white for audio. If I connect everything to the corresponding plugs I just get audo. I also attempted to plug the green composite cable connector to the yellow composite output connector on the switch and I get a black and white picture with sound. 

I am new to the LCD / Component cable world if you will and I might be overlooking something simple here that someone with more experience would catch quickly.  Any and all help and suggestions would be greatly appreaciated. Sorry for the book by the way.

Thanks

Ryan 

Connect With Techlore