Channels flipping automatically/ It's stuck...need to release it.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SM
Channels flipping automatically/ It's stuck...need to release it.

Hello Everyone,

I have a GE 36" TV which was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Suddenly the channels started flipping automatically. I initially thought it was problem with the cable setup box and called the cable guy. He brought a mini TV with him and plugged the cable to his mini TV and proved me that the cable was working fine and it was a problem with the TV. He also charged me $20 because it was not a cable issue.

He aslo said the channels got stuck/locked inside and it has to be released. Does anyone knows how to release this lock. I repeat the issue again, the channels in the TV are flipping automatically when the switch on the TV. How can I release the lock? Please help.

Thanks,

Murali

Matt Whitlock
Here are a few of my initial

Here are a few of my initial thoughts:

If your set has a hard button on the front for changing channels, make sure that button is not jammed or pushed all the way in that it's stuck.

Make sure the TVs remote isn't faulty by removing the batteries. Operating the TV and see if the problem persists. 

bealea
Hello Matt, Thanks for the

Hello Matt, Thanks for the response.

I did the same as you said. The problem is still there. After switching the TV on non of the other switches are working (channel, volume, etc...none are working). None of the switches in the remote are working (I did remove the batteries and tried again) and on the display the channels are running/flipping automatically. It's stuck or locked somewhere inside. It's simple but I dont know where should I do it.

Thanks for you time once again Matt.

-Murali

Matt Whitlock
Your best bet to fix it on

Your best bet to fix it on your own is a hard reset. Unplug the TV for about four hours, and plug it back in.  

If that doesn't correct it, then I'm not sure the problem is as simple to fix as you think it is. There could be a problem internally with the switch control board, the tuner, or one of the ICs in the set. You may need to refer to a TV technician on this one.

Connect With Techlore