Mitsubishi Rear Projection problems

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
GOCCINC
Larry,

Larry,

I removed the board, resoldered the pins on IC8C01 and then did a quick scan of the rest of the board. Ah ha,  the mystery deepens.... It looks to me like I've had some heat aroundC9A52, L9A50 and L9A52 .  I've been through the schematics on pages 74-83 and can't see those 3 components in any of them.  It looks like the numbering would indicate an association with the hot ground side of the switched or standby power supplies.  I'm going to have to rely on your expert knowledge once again, do you know off the top of your head or are there more detailed schematics available or am I going to have to start tracing PCB traces to see if these comnponents have anything to do with the green convergence?

Component side of C9A52, L9A50 and L9A52Component side C9A52, L9A50 and L9A52

Trace side of C9A52, L9A50 and L9A52 Component side of C9A52, L9A50 and L9A52

krp 

Larry Dillon
krp, those l9a50 and the

krp, those l9a50 and the l9a52 are power supply coils.  Just check across them with a ohm meter and make sure they show almost shorted. If they measure open, then there is a problem.  These look about normal.

used_gum
Larry,

Larry,

I have a 4 yr old Mitsubishi 65511 and am having a red gun convergence issue. The top left quadrant folds over on itself and some of the remaining red lines don't converge properly. Please send the service manual to [email protected]  I have an AT&T mail acct also but it tends to arbitrarily strip off attachments so please use the hotmail address. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
The repair documents are on

The repair documents are on their way man. Good Luck

GOCCINC
krp said: Thanks Larry, the

krp said: Thanks Larry, the second try worked like a charm and the attachment arrived with the email. (I hate AT&T's email.) Thanks for the words of caution, but since I'm usually the friend that others ask for soldering help I guess I'm going to be the guy doing it this time too.  krp

Larry, Sorry for the delay.

Yup, the procedure worked. Unsoldered the convergence IC (there is only one package, but it has two groupings of pins), soldered in the new one  (gooped it up with heat conducting paste) put everything back together and the picture is as good as new. Thanks a million.

Larry Dillon
Your welcome, and thanks for

Your welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

Andy 1719
Hey Larry I have the same

Hey Larry I have the same problem as vaidor. Can you send me the servis manual at [email protected]??

Ejaeger13
My 65 inch Mitsubishi is

My 65 inch Mitsubishi is about 6 years old. Every time we turn it on it flickers and shakes the screen as long as it needs to (has become longer and longer like 10 mins) then it is fine. Is this a problem I can fix (we fixed the blinking green light of death problem about a year ago ourselves)

HELP PLEASE!

slowflite
I found useful information

I found useful information here so I decided to join and see if someone may be able to help with a new problem. I have a Mitsubishi WS 55511 that is about 4 years old. I purchased it from a family member who had no previous problems with it. About 6 months later this all started. First I had the normal convergence problems. As per recomendation to many posters, I checked the fuses, found them to be bad, and replaced them as well as the convergence ic. I visually inspected for any other problems and found nothing that looked bad. The convergence resistors tested ok and looked good. Last night I replaced the board and powered up the set. Much to my surprise it appears that the green tube has had something go very wrong with it. On the top half of the screen the green bows down and doubles back over itself. The bottom is bad too, but at least it doesn't fold over.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the blinds reflected int the tv, but I think you can see what the green is doing.

Larry Dillon
Did you purchase original

Did you purchase original convergence output STK IC'S??

slowflite
I thought I did. That tv uses

I thought I did. That tv uses one stk 393-110. I should have researched a little better because the chip I bought was some sort of knockoff. Not sanyo, and it appeared to be much cheaper made.

slowflite
Larry,

Larry,
My email is [email protected]. Thanks.
-shawn

Pages

Connect With Techlore