IITRONICS IMP-11 MP3 Player

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Laurs
IITRONICS IMP-11 MP3 Player

Hi, i hope someone can help me please.

I have just bought my daughter this flamming mp3 player and its driving me nuts. No matter what we do with it all we get is Disk error!!

I have windows ME and it picked it up 1st time earlier but now when i connect it, it says that Disk is not formatted when we click on the folder to add the music files.

Im not sure if i can take it back as we bought it from Argos and were told its excluded from the 16 day money back guarantee Undecided

Any help would be appreciated, Thankyou.

Matt Whitlock
Hi Laurs,

Hi Laurs,

Did you install any drivers when you connected it to your Windows ME computer, or were you hoping the unit was plug and play? 

Laurs
It didnt need installing hun,

It didnt need installing hun, the driver disc that came with it was for windows 98. The first time we plugged it in it set up ok. We closed it and unplugged it from the pc as the instructions said to download some tunes she wanted. Since then the player has said Driver error and the pc has said the removable file that comes up when its pugged in needs reformatting :S

Matt Whitlock
You said you were using

You said you were using Windows ME (which stands for Millenium Edition), which is based on Windows 98SE. Normally, Windows 98SE and Windows ME are considered interchangeable when it comes to device support. Good plug and play driver support for USB devices didn't really get decent until Windows 2000 Professional, which is what Windows XP is based on.

If you indeed are using Windows ME, I'd consider installing the driver for Windows 98, and it may solve your problem. Making sure you're using the right drivers is the first step to troubleshooting hardware problems.

If you're using Windows XP, then you don't need the driver and we'll have to investigate other avenues. For one thing, you're getting an error that the device isn't formatted. Can you right click and format the drive?

Connect With Techlore