flat panel wall mount

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
golfn
flat panel wall mount

Hello All,

Bought a 42" lcd and a stand w/ a adapter to mount like a wall mount . It is a standing piece of furniture and the bracket holds the tv like it is wall mounted. Question is the tv weighs 90 lbs. and there are 4 small 1/8" holes for the screws to go into it for mounting to the bracket.I just can't believe that 4- 1/8" dia. screws that are approx. 3/4 " long can hold this tv. I have called the manufacturer and they can't seem to tell me anything but " we think it will work" Please if anyone has experience with this type of mounting..please help me feel better about mounting this tv...I think it could fall off I'm just not confident in the way it is designed.

Golfn

Matt Whitlock
You'd be amazed what will

You'd be amazed what will hold when you don't think it should, but 4 1/8" screws sounds like what they'd use for a smaller flat panel. My only question is what size display the stand is rated for. If it says it can handle a 42" LCD or plasma, then you should probably be okay. 

Of course, if you're still nervous, you could always bore the holes bigger with drill and use thicker screws. 

golfn
thanks Matt......It looks

thanks Matt......It looks like it should work but it freaks me out to think that this is engineered to hold a 90 lb. tv.......the holes are screw in's so no boring possible....

thanks for the help...

Golfn

Connect With Techlore