Install Questions for RCA RTD 206

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
suttles95
Install Questions for RCA RTD 206

I installed my RCA RTD 206 Home Theatre System last night, and I have several questions:

1.  Which wire is the ground wire for the AM antenna?  The black (gray) or white?

2.  When I hook-up my VCR to the unit, it only plays on the center speaker.  How can I change this?

3.  In the set-up menu, what do I measure the speaker distances from?  I must not have it set-up correctly because my rear speakers sound wavy

4.  The TV sound continues through the theatre system when I turn-off the TV.  How can I change this?  Also, can I set-up my Dish remote to control the home theatre volume?

Thanks...this is my first system, and I'm very confused!

--Brian

Matt Whitlock
Hi suttles,

Hi suttles,

1. The black/gray wire is typically the ground, but it should work fine no matter what way you plug the antenna into the receiver.

2. Much of the stereo material from a VHS tape or analog source is often routed to the center speaker when in pro-logic mode, but you'll get sound from the left, right, and surround speakers during more active passages. If your VCR is mono (only the yellow and right connectors), all sound will go to the center channel. Some receivers have a Mono DSP mode to comabt this, and at will often put sound into the front three speakers, though how receivers handle this often varies.

3. You measure speaker distance from where you sit, or an average spot in where your seating is. Just make sure you measure each speaker from the same point.

4. It sounds like you're using a satellite receiver for tuning in TV shows, and probably route the sound directly from the sat box to the audio system. If this is the case, turning off the TV does not stop the dish box from outputting sound to the receiver. You need to turn off the receiver or dish box to stop the sound. The Dish network remote may be able to control your audio system, considering RCA is a common brand. You'll need to refer to your Dish box's manual for programming instructions and remote codes. There's no guarantee, but it's worth a shot.  

Connect With Techlore